Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 3- Restday - Boqueron

Aguatia

Rest day today... it was needed after the crazy night riding. I thought to myself that if everyday was going to be like that it would be a long trip, I would have to man up mentally. Got some video off the balcony next to our rm. Moto taxis everywhere. Pretty typical peruvian town in the high jungle. Today I would venture out on my own and try to blend in, I am Peruvian so that should be easy, just don't talk to me since my Spanish needs some work.



I walked around the bock and found a bakery.... score! Just need some coffee, bread and I would be set. I  felt like special ed trying to order. I really need to work on my Spanish, the lady gave me that "are you serious" look. You know the one.

Well most of Peru is not known for its coffee... this is why. You can get essence of coffee(coffee sludge) or instant coffee at most places. Only place they have good coffee is in Oxapampa and we will be visiting that place in the up coming days.



While I was exploring the area I happened upon an internet cafe. It's nice to live in the states and have internet available almost everywhere. Most of my friends have it on there phone so this was a new experience for me as it would be to most of you.



Connection speed is very slow, it seemed like I was on dial up! Most of you guys can't even remember what that is like anymore. I knew then that updating this blog would not be possible and I would have to post some quick updates on Face book.

Who wants to see pictures of Peru scenery? Every time I travel I always take pictures of scenery and they are ok but I always take pics of my room why? Because it bring more of a human side to this blog. Well I had to take advantage of having some free time and decided to do some laundry.



You can tell I am having a good time!

Team C

We lost some 2 members of our group at this time. Kelly was only able to ride a couple of days and Jim was all banged up and would be heading back to Lima and to the States the next day. We picked up another rider, Grego and his wife Marcy. They are from Nevada and were a good addition to the team. We also picked up Phyllis and her son Michael Porter they would ride in the support truck with Rachel. Also Helen and Jim would be joining us till Oxapampa. All good people with open hearts and minds.


From left to right:Back row-Heidi, Helen, Jim, Toby, Michael, Rachel, Grego
Front row-Rob(my dad), Phyllis, Me, Marcy

It was time to meet the other team members and head to the Boqueron via back of a pick up truck. We quickly made our way out of the town and into this amazing place. We had driven by this place last night but it was dark and foggy so we could not see how amazing this place was.



The Boqueron was a place that many of the MK's(missionary kids) in Peru have gone to when they were young, this was there favorite stomping ground. This trip was a reunion of those kids which are now adults, coming back and remembering all the good and some bad memories this place holds. One of there friends drown in the river when they were young...

We parked and had a look around- So beautiful...





I did not have my camera with me, I left in in the truck because they said that we may have to cross the water by foot it the pull cart was not operational.. what? We got there and it was working. I will have to borrow someone else video on this.

We had a great day, swimming and relaxing. Water was pretty cold but you got use to it. It's one of my favorite natural sight that i have been to.

On the way back we when back thru the tunnel. I don't know why i like them but they are fun to ride thru.



Got back in to town and clean up and when to eat with the rest of the group to a local restraunt.
Quick recap of my experience at the Boqueron


By the way the guy from Texas was Jim not Lou, I kept calling him Lou for some weird reason.

My side note about Jim.



Off to get some food.




My meal



This fish just looked at me while i was eating it, kind of weird...
This fish is in the same family as the pirana but doesn't eat meat. Well back to the hotel and to bed day. Good night.






No comments:

Post a Comment